Title: Assistant Store Manager USA
Location: Superdry New York Queens Center, NY
Closing date for applications: 07-30-2017
Hours: Full Time - 40hrs
SuperGroup plc is the owner of Superdry, which is rapidly becoming a global lifestyle brand. Superdry focuses on offering our customers around the world innovative, premium quality and affordable clothing and accessories across menswear, womenswear and specialist ranges. Superdry customers are loyal, varied and truly global, and are defined not by their age but by their attitude.
Superdry was launched in the UK in 2003 following an inspirational trip by our founders to Tokyo, and is famous for designing and producing quality garments inspired by fusing iconic vintage Americana and high-impact Japanese graphic imagery with a British twist. Our products are characterised by quality fabrics with authentic vintage washes, unique detailing, world-leading hand-drawn graphics, and tailored fits with diverse styling. As we continue to develop the breadth and nature of our product ranges, we increasingly appeal to a broader group of customers, aspirational people who want to feel amazing in what they wear and appreciate style, quality and attention to detail.
We operate a fast-growing multi-channel business through a combination of standalone stores, franchised and licensed stores, concessions, ecommerce, wholesale and distributors. We are growing fastest outside of the UK and our international business is going from strength to strength. We now own and operate stores in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Holland, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Sweden and the USA, with franchised stores in many more countries. We have nearly 600 points of sale in over 45 different countries and are adding to this at a rate of over 50 new locations annually. We have also entered a joint venture with Trendy International Group in China which will launch Superdry stores into the Chinese market.
Our global headquarters are based in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, UK and we have satellite offices in Aarhus, Barcelona, Brussels, Hong Kong, Munich and New York, with specialist sourcing offices in Istanbul and New Delhi. Our biggest growth area is online, where we operate ecommerce websites in over 20 different languages and ship to almost every country in the world.
Our ambition for growth is summarised by our strategic plan which will provide opportunities to drive significant increases in revenue. Our plan focuses on three key areas - building a global lifestyle brand; driving awareness of the breadth of the Superdry range; and building a broad cross-channel relationship with customers. It’s supported by the four key pillars of Embed, Enable, Extend and Execute, which define exactly how we will go about achieving our aims. As our product is at the very heart of what Superdry is all about, we are also focusing hard on our four key product attributes - design detail; quality obsession; innovation; and affordability. More about the detail of our strategic plan, together with our latest business and financial results, can be found on our corporate website www.supergroup.co.uk.
We aspire to be a great place to work and strive every day to make every Superdry store and office location a friendly community with a family feel, with fantastic training and development, and roles that are compelling, stretching and interesting. You can see films of many real Superdry colleagues from across the business talking about their experiences of working here on our careers website, www.careers.superdry.com.
On 26 March 2015, SuperGroup announced the acquisition of our North American business from our former licensee, which immediately gave us an estate of 15 stores and around 250 employees, with revenues of nearly $36m. We have a structured plan in place to return the business to profitability within 2 years, then drive a substantial expansion plan across the US, Canada and Mexico by 2020. We’ll also continue to develop our business in the territory through wholesale and ecommerce channels as we seek to increase our market share.
The role of an Assistant Store Manager at Superdry involves assisting the Store Manager and contributing to ensuring outstanding store operational and commercial standards within agreed budgets. The role focuses on helping the store in maximizing and driving store sales, performance and profitability through supporting with the development, management and direction of the store team, ultimately delivering SuperGroup’s key business objectives.
- Assisting the Store Manager in the delivery of the retail strategic plan which delivers SuperGroup business objectives
- Deputizing for the Store Manager and assuming their responsibilities on their days off or during periods of absence
- Contributing to ensuring delivery of company standards, strategies and initiatives to achieve sustainable growth
- Attaining store sales targets by maximizing profits, minimizing costs and assisting in the management of workforce budgets
- Delivering excellent customer service standards by example ensuring highly visible and effective customer service management at all times to drive continuous improvement
- Assisting the Store Manager in selecting, training, developing, reviewing, managing, coaching and supporting the store team to ensure high performance and productivity at all times
- Ensuring store compliance with company policy and procedures, taking a consistent approach with all team members and guaranteeing operational efficiency at all times
- Ensuring important management information is communicated out to all relevant team members
- Ensuring brand image is driven and showcased by optimizing product visual merchandising and service levels in line with company guidelines
- Working in conjunction with the Store Manager to minimize loss by ensuring all loss prevention procedures are followed and any incidents are reported and investigated
- Providing a safe working environment for staff and customers, ensuring their wellbeing and reporting any Health & Safety concerns to the Store Manager.
- Managing stockroom processing and ensuring replenishment procedures are in place so recalls and transfers are actioned efficiently, maintaining effective stock control at all times
- Walking the shop floor regularly, talking with customer and team members in order to identify and resolve urgent issues.
- Maintain awareness of market trends in the retail industry and working alongside the Store Manager in monitoring activity of local competitors
What we’re looking for
- Substantial experience working at Assistant Store Manager or Supervisor level within the branded fashion retail sector
- Experience of leading, managing and training teams effectively
- Demonstrable track record of improving sales figures and KPI achievements
- Experience of dealing and resolving employment relations issues
- Experience of visual merchandising
- Experience of stock management
- Experience of working with Microsoft Office applications
- Preferably qualified in Retail Management
- Competitive package
Download Job Description Apply Send to a friend