Title: Senior Logistics Operations Manager
Location: Kutztown, PA
Location: Pennsylvania, United States
Post date: 2018-10-15
Close date: 2018-11-30
Closing date for applications: 11-30-2018
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 40hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careersusa.superdry.com/img/g4j-logo.png
Superdry is a truly global business, and has a logistics operation to match. We ship millions of units of stock from our factories (predominantly in Turkey, India and China) to our distribution centers in the UK, Belgium and Hong Kong, then onto our owned stores, franchise stores, wholesale customers and ecommerce customers. It’s an extremely complex operation requiring expert leadership, along with strong relationships with our 3PL partners as well as our freight partners internationally.
In this role you will be responsible for the day to day efficient management of the in country DC operations, working closely in partnership with our incumbent 3PL to control warehousing operations with clear measurements to determine both cost and service success. The DC will be a multi-channel DC covering retail, Ecommerce and wholesale. Ecommerce is a rapidly growing arm of our business and will play a key role in taking us towards our 2020 growth target. We are seeking an experienced logistics professional with operational experience of DC management and demonstrable leadership qualities and experience in the retail, FMCG or other high volume, fast moving sector. You must have proven experience working with and contract managing third party logistics providers in the US, with good market knowledge. This position reports into the Global Operations Manager.
- Work with key business stakeholders to deliver an efficient, cost effective US operation
- Manage the DC to reduce costs, driving productivities, controlling inventory and other variable costs
- Build strong relationships with USA incumbent supplier, driving clear, succinct expectations to support the agility of the Superdry business
- Be the senior leader with the 3PLs’ to drive clear operational, sustainable methodologies, with clear monitors and controls to provide continuity for the USA trade
- Continuously develop all aspects of the operation across all channels to deliver exceptional service standards
- Ensure internal customer satisfaction and engagement through alignment with business stakeholders and their objectives
- Bring knowledge of industry best practice to ensure continuous improvement of operations, IT and stock management
- Drive third party behaviors to deliver in line with the contractual agreement and first class customer experience
- Lead budget activity, setting and weekly management for the US
- Work collaboratively across the logistics teams to ensure we deliver performance against business KPI’s and objectives, ensuring DC plans are aligned with transport for all channels
- Work extensively with the New York office team to deliver strategic value, supporting channel growth and agile opportunities
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested
- Experienced with 7+ years in an operational management role within the logistics industry, preferably with contract management experience at a senior level
- Experienced working within OMNI channel operations
- Knowledgeable of ecommerce order fulfilment solutions and a track record managing ecommerce logistical activity
- Preferably experienced in the retail sector, wholesale and Ecommerce experience, particularly fashion retail is preferred. Alternatively we will also consider candidates with relevant experience from companies who move high volumes of product quickly, across multiple countries, such as an FMCG business. We will also be happy to consider candidates working for 3PL providers, who work in a suitable role and service the right type of customer
- Experienced with running operations and delivering against key KPI’s and budgets
- Able to project manage effectively in a cross functional, fast paced and evolving environment
- Commercially astute in order to drive appropriate decision making
- Knowledgeable with WMS (warehouse management systems) Red Prairie would be preferable.
- Able to work effectively in an autonomous environment while retaining relationships with key stakeholders in the business across the globe
- Flexibility to travel
What we offer
- Excellent basic salary, medical & dental insurance, life insurance, 401k, 50% staff discount
Superdry is an equal employment employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess unrestricted work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer.
Download Job Description Apply