Title: Resourcing & HR Advisor
Location: New York City
Location: New York, United States
Post date: 2019-06-03
Close date: 2019-06-28
Closing date for applications: 06-28-2019
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 40hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careersusa.superdry.com/img/g4j_logo_2.jpg
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Our American business is now well established and comprises over 30 stores in 10 states, along with a major wholesale sales operation and smaller supporting functions such as HR, Logistics and IT. Our US head office is based on Broadway in Manhattan, and we have a major outsourced distribution centre based outside Philadelphia.
Reporting into the Head of HR in the UK with a dotted line into both the VP USA in New York and the Resourcing Manager in the UK, the Resourcing & HR Advisor role is a generalist position supporting all aspects of HR for the US business, but with a lead focus on Resourcing and talent planning. You will lead all Store Manager hiring on a national basis, working closely with Area Managers, and you’ll also work with head office hiring managers on all corporate hiring. You’ll maintain close working relationships with the HR Business partner and resourcing teams based in the UK head office and support on global Resourcing and ah-hoc projects. On the HR side you’ll support retail and head office colleagues with activities as diverse as talent development, performance management, employee relations and grievances, generalist HR advice, pay review and legal compliance.
We’re looking for someone with a strong mix of HR and Resourcing experience that has worked in a dynamic business with colleagues at all levels of the business. Retail or fashion sector experience is not vital but would be a strong advantage. Experience of both HR and Resourcing is important, as is knowledge of relevant legislation in various states, particularly New York and California. We need someone with loads of drive, energy and creativity, with brilliant communication skills, endless passion for our amazing brand and culture, and above all, a sense of humour.
- Partner with and influence hiring managers across all departments at our US head office, along with Area and Store Managers in our stores.
- Manage the end-to-end recruitment of Store Manager roles together with head office vacancies at all salary levels. You’ll take job briefs, write interesting adverts, headhunt, screen applicants, shortlist, interview, manage feedback, make offers and help onboard new hires.
- Proactively source active and passive candidates via the use of LinkedIn (including the LinkedIn Recruiter tool), other social media channels, CV databases, networking and search engine research.
- Manage all resourcing related administration including job postings, candidate and interview administration, recruitment system and website administration, headhunt research and project support.
- Work with the UK based Resourcing Manager to develop long-term candidate attraction and selection methodologies. Focusing on a direct hiring model, this will include advertising, social media engagement, direct headhunting, talent pipelining, employee and network referrals, and occasionally agencies.
- Support the evolution and delivery of the USA people plan within the HR generalist remit, working on projects and supporting people managers with their people initiatives, queries and challenges.
- Work with the rest of the global HR team to deliver a range of HR initiatives, company programmes and specific projects within agreed timescales, and to a high standard.
- Help to keep us legal by ensuring that we are compliant with all relevant federal and state legislation with our key providers
- Support cyclical initiatives like annual pay review and annual performance reviews localizing the approach when required.
- Support the Retail business area with planning for peak trading, to ensure our operations are effectively resourced and teams engaged in preparation for peak.
- Support on Employee Relations issues, ensuring consistency in the approach and addressing the underlying root causes of these issues and working closely with our legal firm to limit costs
- Work with the global HR team to ensure that all HR related policies, procedures and templates are up to date, fit for purpose and propose improvements where appropriate.
- Use business and talent metrics to identify connections between people and organisational performance and build insight to help drive performance and engagement.
- Work with the learning and development team to identify appropriate training solutions and conduct training sessions on behaviour based skills and great people practices.
- Experienced in both HR and Resourcing within businesses employing high volumes of lower paid colleagues along with more specialist head office functions. Retail or fashion sector experience is not required, though it would be helpful, but as a minimum a passion for our brand and an interest in our sector is important.
- Knowledgeable about relevant HR legislation and practices on a national basis, with particular reference to New York and California.
- Experienced in supporting colleagues with strong HR advice and employee relations advice, able to help ensure the smooth running of day to day HR operations.
- Able to support with a wide range of HR projects and initiatives, with enough related experience to understand the key issues, policies and procedures involved.
- Adept at identifying and engaging talent, both inside and outside the business.
- An effective interviewer, able to differentiate between candidates in an evidence based way, and a shrewd judge of character.
- Someone who cares deeply about giving each candidate the best possible recruitment experience throughout the process, whether successful or not.
- An effective relationship builder, able to form strong working bonds with partners and hiring managers across the business.
- A great verbal and written communicator, able to influence without being pushy, and able to take an integral role in supporting our people and in the hiring process.
- Technically literate, able to quickly pick up new systems and navigate spreadsheets.
- Well organised and good with the little details.
- Driven, relentless and determined, with a strong work ethic.
- Someone who enjoys being part of a close knit team, with a sense of humour and a bit of rebelliousness.
Download Job Description Apply