Title: Executive Assistant/Office Manager
Location: New York City
Closing date for applications: 07-30-2017
Hours: Full Time - 40hrs
SuperGroup plc is the owner of the dynamic Superdry brand and operates in the premium branded fashion clothing sector. Superdry focuses on high quality fashionable menswear, womenswear and accessories, fusing vintage Americana and Japanese graphics with a British style. Superdry operates a multi-channel business through a combination of standalone stores, concessions, ecommerce, and UK and international wholesale. Our global headquarters are based in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.
Founded in 2003, we have grown to a portfolio of 98 owned stores and 40 concessions in the UK & Ireland, and 70 owned stores and 15 concessions across Europe. We opened 28 owned stores in 8 countries during the 2014/2015 financial year, totalling an additional 82,000 square feet of trading space. We also have 221 franchised and licensed Superdry stores in 69 countries worldwide, and operate 25 international ecommerce websites, delivering to 169 countries. We now employ in excess of 3,900 people globally.
Our ambition for growth was proven at our 2014/2015 year end results as we announced a 12.9% rise in revenue to £486.6m and a 2% rise in underlying profits to £63.2m. Retail revenues were up 17% while like-for-like retail sales were up 4.8%. 18.2% of our retail sales are now generated online. Wholesale revenues rose by 4% to £152.5m.
Following the appointment of Euan Sutherland as CEO in October 2014, we have developed and launched a new long-term strategic plan focusing on three key areas - to build a global lifestyle brand; to drive awareness of the breadth of the Superdry range; and to build a broad cross-channel relationship with customers. As our product is at the very heart of what Superdry is all about, we are also focusing hard on our four key product attributes - design detail; quality obsession; innovation; and affordability.
In March 2015, SuperGroup announced the acquisition of our North American business from a former licensee, which immediately gave us an estate of 15 stores and around 250 employees, with revenues of nearly $36m. We have a structured plan in place to drive a substantial expansion plan across the US, Canada and Mexico by 2020. In July 2015 we announced the creation of a joint venture business in China, in partnership with the established Chinese retailer Trendy International, giving us a solid platform for a major entry into the Chinese market.
Finally, in another exciting development, Golden Globe winning actor Idris Elba is collaborating with Superdry to design and produce a premium line of clothing which will be sold globally in stores and online, as well as through Wholesale partnerships from Autumn/Winter 2015. This new collaboration is part of our strategy to create a global lifestyle brand, building on the iconic heritage of Superdry to broaden and strengthen customer appeal.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Executive Assistant to work on a wide range of activities for the Head of US. You will possess proven ability to interact with people at all levels in a fast paced environment, often under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Expert level written and verbal communication skills with senior level executive experience will be essential, as well as the ability to plan ahead, strong decision making ability and attention to detail.
In addition to your core Executive Assistant responsibilities you will also support the Head Office team on a range of administrative tasks in order to fulfil projects and deliver key deadlines.
- Interact with both internal and external stakeholders to coordinate a variety of projects, activities and meetings
- Provide administrative support to the Head of US by reviewing and summarizing reports, presentations and documents suitable for presentation at Board and Executive Committee level
- Assist with sales and marketing projects by creating charts, timelines, presentations, etc.
- Prepare meeting documents as well as communications to business partners and stores
- Organize the distribution and delivery of mail for the office
- Organize travel and accommodation for the Head of US and ad-hoc arrangements for others within the US Head Office
- Manage all resulting expense claims on behalf of the Head of the US and others in the team as required
- Work with other departments on projects to ensure that targets and timelines are being hit through effective administrational support
- Serve as office manager, maintaining office supplies and order requests
What we’re looking for
- Previous experience working in a similar position supporting a Director or Head Of either at Executive Assistant or Personal Assistant level
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Outstanding verbal, writing, editing and grammatical skills
- Ability to plan ahead, work with high level of integrity and confidentiality and work and multi-task in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Extremely organized and very detail-oriented; self-motivated and capable of working independently on multiple projects
- Willingness to assist with queries from across departments and the broader business
- Able to establish and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues at all levels and external service providers
- Previous experience in project management, marketing strategy and social media platforms preferred
- Available for occasional contact outside regular working hours (nights and weekends)
- Competitive salary
- 401K Plan
- Medical, Dental, and Life insurance
- 50% staff discount
Download Job Description Apply Send to a friend