Job Title: HR Advisor - USA
Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Manhattan, New York
Closing date for applications: 05.18.2021
Hours: Permanent Full Time - 40hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
In this role your primary responsibility will be to provide efficient and professional advisory support over to resolve general store management and employee inquiries from the Retail Stores and our Head Office employees across the US. Reporting to the Junior HR Business Partner, this role will be responsible for assisting with HR matters including but not limited to payroll, benefits, employee relations, performance management, talent acquisition, and paperwork compliance. You will be required to work closely with senior retail leaders; therefore, your professionalism and ability to make decisive decisions will have a big impact on our business performance and department credibility. You should be prepared to come up with creative solutions to problems and have the confidence to challenge senior retail managers in a constructive way; influencing and negotiating to get the best from our leaders and people!
This role is based at the New York Head Office.
You will be expected to manage your own workload with and proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance (supporting the transformation of organizational performance). We work closely as a team, so helping with prioritization of work and HR compliance is also a key requirement of this role.
- Understand what our US teams do so you can be a fully effective HR professional by understanding how they work, their key challenges and identify opportunities to add value through people activity.
- Be the first point of contact to provide expert advice, support and guidance to managers and employees in all matters relating to people activity.
- Proactively build strong relationships with people leaders and give early advice on people issues.
- Encourage managers to take ownership and accountability for decisions using their own solutions and outcomes – compliant with labor law and company policy.
- Take a coaching and mentoring approach to upskill managers for the long term.
- Deliver training and produce materials to help develop managers and ensure they are fully equipped to manage their teams.
- Facilitate the delivery of onboarding, induction and training initiatives to individuals or groups as and when required.
- Proactively keep up to date and maintain all labor law postings as per Federal and State requirements
- Produce quarterly people metrics and analyze trends to identify any underlying issues or areas of focus.
- Support colleague engagement through regular pulse surveys, using the responses to make informed decisions.
- Support the Superdry Voice for US Retail by encouraging regular 2-way communication, engagement and feedback, building insight of how our people feel and what’s important to them.
- Understand and support our talent management approach, ensuring that our managers are engaged with it to lead high performing teams.
- Maintain and manage all employee files, ensuring accuracy of both active and terminated files.
- Complete audits of our HR files regularly throughout the year
- Assist with ad hoc payroll inquiries.
- Process garnishments, child support orders, tax levies, quarterly tax verifications, and employee verifications
- Support the Talent Resourcing team on recruitment as and when required.
- Work closely with the wider HR Business Partnering team to support delivery of people initiatives in country.
- Collaborate with our People Operations team to ensure that all US administration is managed effectively and timely.
- Act as a role model to current and future leaders by delivering a fair, consistent, professional and commercial approach to all aspects of HR.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Previously experienced with 1-3 years working in a HR environment, with up-to-date Federal and state employment law knowledge.
- Able to deal with a busy workload in an organized manner, juggling multiple priorities and with attention to detail where there are competing demands on workload and deliverables.
- Able to build strong and effective relationships with colleagues at all levels and in multiple business areas.
- Confident in providing professional, pragmatic advice and challenging managers in a constructive and approachable way.
- Able to take ownership of tasks and work autonomously to deliver objectives within agreed timescales.
- Understanding and appreciative of the importance of using discretion and confidentiality.
- Knowledgeable of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) with an aptitude to become quickly familiar with new systems.
- Flexible to travel as and when required.
- Located within easy daily commuting distance of our New York Head Office (666 Broadway Unit 5 New York)
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Excellent base salary
- Medical & Dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- 50% staff discount
- 15 days PTO/ 11 national holidays
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Download job description Apply